Admitted to the Nigerian Bar 1992, Ghanaian Bar 2007, Education: : Ghana School of Law 2007; Nigerian Law School [B.L 1991-1992]; Obafemi Awolowo University Ile – Ife [LL.B Hons. 1991]; University of Ile-Ife [BA Hons. 1986]; Work: Director, Integrated Legal Consultants, Accra Ghana since April 2007; Fugar & Company - Accra Ghana 2006 – 2007; Wright & Co – Freetown, Sierra Leone 2003 – 2005; Fourah Bay College – Freetown Sierra Leone, 2003- 2005; Aluko & Oyebode - Lagos Nigeria, 1994 – 2001; Oceanic International Bank - Port Harcourt River State Nigeria 1993 – 1994. Member: Nigerian Bar Association, Ghana Bar Association, International Trade Marks Association, International Bar Association.
- Responsible for securing the registration of several leading international brands with both the Nigerian Trademarks Registry and the Ghanaian Trademarks Registry.
- Responsible for handling negotiations between some of the largest oil service companies and local communities in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Oversaw registration of patents and designs and other incidental matters.
- Responsible for securing the registration and certification of several products with the National Agency for Food & Drugs Administration Nigeria and the Food & Drugs Board, Ghana.
- Reviews and drafts contracts, agreements and other legal documentation.
- Attends meetings with various clients on diverse legal issues.
- Responsible for the incorporation of companies at the companies’ registries and rendering general legal advice on investment and immigration matters in Ghana, Nigeria and Sierra Leone.
- Securing the registration of numerous companies with the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) Accra Ghana
- Effecting the registration of companies with the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation and the Petroleum Commission, Ghana.
- Obtaining work permits for expatriate workers within the Ghanaian jurisdiction.
- Was involved in the review of security documentation for a number of Nigerian banks as well as the preparation of standard security documentation to be used by banks in giving credit facilities.
- Provides training for Ghanaian Banks on “Legal Aspects of Banking & Securities For Lending”.
- Undertook a due diligence exercise of the second largest commercial bank in a Sierra Leone for purposes of privatisation of same.
- Lectured year 3 students on the Law of Torts at Fourah Bay College Freetown, Sierra Leone.
- Assisted in preparing of draft bill for the Public Utilities Regulatory Commission in Sierra Leone.
- Acted as team leader on Department For International Development (DFID) project – “Is It In Force Exercise” in Sierra Leone which entailed the compilation of all international treaties, protocols, statues e.t.c in force in Sierra Leone.
- Assisted in drawing legal and administrative structure for the Food Security Commission (a Food & Agriculture Organization Project) – “The Right To Food” in Sierra Leone.
- Reviewed and drafted security documentation in respect of a US$25 million facility by OPIC to a local mining company in Sierra Leone.
- Reviewed and drafted documentation in respect of the Privatisation of non-core activities of a Government Establishment in Sierra Leone.
- Was involved in a DFID project – “Reform of Laws & Legal Framework That Affect Business Trading & Competition in Sierra Leone.
- Accepted briefs, prepared pleadings, interlocutory application and conducted trial litigation.
- Renders general legal advice on the land tenure system in Ghana and represents various clients in the acquisition of real estate.
- Perfects documentation and registers same at the Lands Commission
- Oversees practice group on Company secretarial matters, firm representative as company secretary for various companies;
- Oversees the practice.
Contact information: Tel: +233 24-3058323